IN THIS PODCAST
- Do your homework
- 3 things to consider
Divorce stats show that when people date, commit and get married after knowing each other less than 2 years, or when they know each other and date for 7 years, and then get married, they’re more likely to get divorced.
You have to think of dating as a process, and it really is trial and error.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK
It’s really important to vet the person you’re dating. Some things you have to think about:
- Make sure you know their friends and family.
- What are they like when they’re around older people or children?
- What are they like when things don’t go their way and how do they handle being impatient?
- How do they treat you when you’re around friends and family?
3 THINGS TO CONSIDER
Each phase comes with its own challenges:
- Dating for too short an amount of time and then wanting to get married again.
- Dating for too long and then wanting to get married again.
- When you or your partner has kids and you’re considering being a blended family.
BOOKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Wired for Dating by Stan Tatkin